Be the Delco Difference
The Delco Difference is made possible by our talent, passion and expertise. Our team creates seamless solutions that result in a safe, sustainable and effortless community. With our expertise and passion for innovation, we create an environment that allows for endless growth and development. Each member of our team contributes to the Delco Difference whether it’s by going above and beyond a client’s request or helping a co-worker on a project.
Network AV Security IMIT Technician
Delco Security, a division of Delco Automation Inc., is a premiere integrator of security, life-safety, and information systems. As a Canadian company, we are proud to service customers from offices across Canada, focusing on medium to large-scale projects. We take an extremely flexible approach with our ability to build on existing solutions and custom design new solutions to fit our customers’ needs. Our main goal is to deliver a straightforward system integration experience while making our client’ needs a harmonized reality.
We are hiring!
Delco Security is currently looking for a Senior Network Technician to support our expanding portfolio of projects. We are looking for an individual who has at least 3 years of experience in installing emergency, communications and security systems and has a thorough knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
- Installation of Delco Security equipment as required.
- Communicate with Delco Team to ensure client satisfaction & project success.
- Service and termination of IP based and analogue CCTV (closed-circuit television systems).
- Installation, service, and termination of IP based systems, Intercom systems, Card Access systems, & PLC Control panels.
- Service of network equipment.
- Programming of various security-related platforms.
- Review and interpretation of electrical drawings.
- Packaging and unpacking of material.
- Documentation of “As-Built” changes to installation design.
- Connection of co-axial and network communication cables and equipment.
- Troubleshoot computer software and hardware issues and make repairs and perform scheduled updates.
- Work with the IT team to ensure that security software is properly installed on employee computers.
- Provide technical support to clients through various channels of communication.
- Inspect cable lines to ensure that they are intact and working optimally.
- Field questions from employees about software installation and hardware upgrades.
- Termination and calibration of AV equipment
- Site preparation.
- Rack layout and fabrication.
- Install and service cabling infrastructure and devices for Data and Audio Visual.
- Pre-wiring, installation, termination, testing, reporting, and labelling per specifications/drawings.
- Work out of town as required.
- Electronics Network and/or programming certification from an accredited technical school or military electronics training.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the security industry as a service technician.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and customer relationship skills that positively represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
- Good analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong background in server management, software installations, and upgrades.
- Solid computer and networking skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong troubleshooting proficiency.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork abilities.
- Valid driver’s license due to travel requirements.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in security, network, or computer work. Possession of a Post-secondary degree or diploma would be preferred in the computer science, IoT or networking field(s).